Uncle B’s secrets to 20th wedding anniversary
COUPLES WHO FART TOGETHER, STAY TOGETHER. _ Uncle B.
Mr. Bayo who is Uncle B. is one of the many wise men in the Twitter space, always giving valued information for free. I was tempted to hit the follow button after reading his thread on marriage, and I did. I decided to share some of the knowledge I got with you. The rest you will have to read for yourself.
But first, a story…
This week, Nigeria Twitter went crazy when a fellow user said “Men should think twice before marrying a woman who stays in bed till 8 am whenever she comes to visit” (this is a paraphrase)
This reminded me of one user who always has something to say about women and marriage, dishing out hot takes here and there, two weeks ago, we found out he left his wife for his side chick after 3 children. Talk about throwing stones from a glass house.
Like most people I was pissed but on a second thought I decided there was no point, is it not the internet people? People that will do you the more you look, the less you see. Abegi
Oh here is a post I made about why you should have a side boyfriend. Before you judge me, make sure you read it.
So back to Mr. Bayo.
I don’t know Mr. Bayo on a personal level, but I reckon he is a smart man after reading his thread on marriage and other posts.
He recently celebrated his 20th marriage anniversary ( that’s huge) and decided to bless us with some wisdom nuggets. Thank you, Sir.
Here is a summary of what he said and a link to his post on Twitter.
Uncle B’s secrets to celebrating a 20th wedding anniversary
1. Marriage is hard work ( you should know that by now)
2. Commitment beats love every time. Be committed to loving your partner.
3. Have fun. Be silly, be vulnerable, play, laugh, etc. Life is already hard as it is.
4. Fart together, this is very important. You only fart around people you are comfortable with. So do not hesitate to fart with your partner. I highly recommend this.
5. Always sleep in the same room and on the same bed. You won’t be angry for long and a problem might get solved under the sheets.
6. Marriage does not make you happy. So learn to do things that add to your happiness and give you peace.
7. Go to therapy before you get married. Deal with your issues.
8. Speak the right words and do it with love.
9. Clarify before you jump to a conclusion.
10. Find a common ground in everything.
11. Listen to your wife ( this is a no-brainer)
12. Keep reading and learning about marriage. You only become great at what you devote your time to.
13. Be slow to anger, quick to apologize, and quick to forgive.
Mr. Bayo has a way with words and I am impressed. He is like the proverbial elder who gives wisdom to the young ones. God bless Mr. Bayo.
This is how far I can go, if you want to continue reading, check out his post here and make sure you follow him for more wise words.
Preparation for marriage starts when you are single, I hope you learned something and I pray we all enjoy a lifetime with whoever we choose to spend the rest of our lives with.